Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Introducing Me

Hello,

My name is Ryan Hummel and this is my first blog. I am an aviation student at Eastern Michigan University. I originally began my college career as a mechanical engineer and after one year I switched majors to Aviation flight technology and I am glad that I made the switch. I Love building models, especially airplanes, and I enjoy playing video games. I like playing board games as well, my favorite board game is called Heroclix. I am also a diehard Trekkie. I love to read almost everything and learn about history especially war history.

I enjoy all things aviation. I am currently working on my private pilot and dispatch certification. I am also a departmental honors student and I am working on my undergraduate thesis.  I plan to begin working on my air frame and power plant certification at the Michigan Institute of Aviation Technology in the summer of 2015. While I have no real plans for the future I do know that I want to work in the aviation industry.

Currently, I am employed by Eastern Michigan University at the Eastern Eateries as a cook and server. However I have previously worked as a theater technician at my old high school Waterford Kettering, this job was a bit more challenging with its 40 hour a weekend time frame but it was a lot more fun to work at. I look forward to writing in this blog and hopefully you will enjoy reading it. I hope I will not bore you too much and I cannot wait to read your comments.

Thanks,
Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Nice intro. It sounds like you are building up your aviation resume nicely. Hopefully this course will introduce you to many career options in the industry,

    ReplyDelete